Seasoned Facilities Manager with exceptional construction and project management expertise eager to support a dynamic employer in optimizing operational performance and productivity.
Substantial background in facility management, project/construction leadership, facilities engineering, and preventative maintenance programs.
Proactively schedule, coordinate and supervise maintenance and repairs of facility machinery and equipment to ensure business continuity.
Strategically develop schedules to maximize use of human, financial and physical resources and ensure on-time, budget-compliant delivery of projects from launch through completion.
Proficient in construction management including cost estimating, administering budgets, securing permits, materials/equipment procurement, and vendor relations.
Direct and guide internal and external personnel to perform efficiently, safely, and professionally; enforce strict attention to workplace safety rules, regulations, procedures and requirements.
Ensure compliance with occupational health and safety requirements as well as building codes.
Adept at procurement, installation and maintenance of building support equipment such as HVAC, boilers, chillers, air compressors, vacuum pumps, gas delivery systems, etc.
Excel in maintenance of production, security, life safety, and telecommunications equipment.
Championed equipment installations for acid scrubbers, chemical bunkers, hazardous gas delivery systems and acid waste neutralization systems for Siliconix.
Steered development and construction of a $25M tenant improvement project consisting of four buildings for Digital Equipment.
Sodexo Campus Services, UC Davis, CA, 2006 to 2009
Facilities / Engineering Manager
- Spearheaded equipment management related to kitchen and dining services for UC Davis.
- Demonstrated exemplary leadership talents in directing and supervising technical staff, external vendors, janitorial services, and vending machine representatives.
- Administered in-house facilities work request system and controlled department budgets.
- Established, nurtured and maintained cooperative and productive client relationships.
- Concurrently facilitated equipment repairs for Taco Bell, Carl's Jr., and Pizza Hut.
Somers Building Maintenance, McClellan, CA, 2003 to 2006
- Proficiently oversaw custodial and recycling personnel for 2.7 million sq. ft. of office, warehouse and manufacturing space.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy ~ Page 2 of 2
Professional Experience continued
- Directed, motivated and managed 70+ employees, consistently emphasizing and enforcing strict safety compliance.
- Leveraged sharp organizational skills to order supplies and equipment, perform monthly billing, manage budgets, generate forecasts, and cultivate strong customer relationships.
21st Century Office Furniture, LLC, Antelope, CA, 2000 to 2003
Chief Financial Officer
- Steered business and financial operations for owner-run company by handling all accounting functions, sales, staffing and scheduling for installation of office furniture to government clients.
United Corporate Furnishings, Sacramento, CA, 1999 to 2000
- Project-managed installation of corporate furnishings by conducting in-depth site surveys, determining labor budgets, devising project schedules, coordinating contractors, and serving as customer point of contact.
Shore Associates, San Jose, CA, 1997 to 1999
- Provided excellent consultative leadership via construction estimates, project management, and move coordination.
- Drove full-scope construction activities including meetings, budgets and scheduling.
- Decisively prepared bid specifications for phone equipment, security systems, cabling vendors, furniture systems and moving companies.
- Adeptly collaborated with clients on design, space planning, finishes and installation.
Hyundai Electronics America, San Jose, CA, 1993 to 1996
- Administered building support services, tenant improvements and new construction.
- Oversaw purchasing, security, landscaping, janitorial operations, phone equipment, lease negotiations and mechanical systems.
- Planned, scheduled, supported and directed construction of $20M build-to-suit project.
Facilities Project / Construction Supervisor, Siliconix, Santa Clara, CA
Facilities Project / Planning Manager, Digital Equipment, Palo Alto, CA
Facilities & Equipment Engineering Manager, Memtech / Intel-Magnetics, Santa Clara, CA
Hiring Agent Name
I am currently seeking a challenging career opportunity in a facilities management capacity and am submitting my resume for your review. In advance, thank you for your time and consideration.
As indicated in my resume, I bring to you a solid background in facilities and project management, significant experience in administering comprehensive maintenance programs for machines and equipment, and outstanding talents in creating, implementing and evaluating novel approaches to boost productivity while reducing costs and improving resource utilization. To complement these qualifications, I offer polished estimating, scheduling, communication, interpersonal and prioritization skills which are paramount as a Facilities Manager.
As a proactive contributor to your organization, you will find me to be a stellar leader committed to supporting you in achieving your objectives through superior performance and dedication. I am confident that I could be a valuable asset to <insert name of company>, and look forward to interviewing with you in the near future.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!