Senior-Level Research Analyst and Investment Specialist eager to contribute exceptional strengths in quantitative data analysis toward supporting the employer in optimizing performance.
- Highly skilled at gathering comprehensive and time-series oriented economic and financial data to support critical research efforts related to investment strategy development.
Outstanding blend of organizational, presentation, multi-tasking, prioritization and communication skills; fluent in English and Spanish.
Foster and maintain cooperative and collaborative relationships with other teams to support, streamline and optimize the research, data analysis and investment strategy process.
Well-versed in using financial, analytical and statistical tools and software including SAS.
Excel in data modeling, asset allocation strategies, and portfolio risk management.
Reputation as a deadline-focused, methodical, and capable professional.
Proven ability to work in fast-paced environments, balance competing demands and priorities, and quickly adapt to new roles, responsibilities, technologies, and environments.
Possess excellent academic credentials, and authored several articles published on Schwab s Market Insight and Journal of Financial Planning.
Schwab, San Francisco, CA, 2007 to Present
Senior Research Analyst
Played an integral role in mutual fund research including data aggregation, construction and back-testing of new signals, stress testing, and development of new factors in mutual fund rating system which maximizes back-tested information coefficients.
Developed international regional and sub-asset class portfolio guidelines to motivate client global (ex-US) investment portfolio construction consistent with Standard & Poors Broad Market Index methodology.
Resourcefully created screening model to construct ETF Recommendable List, eagerly adopted by Schwab financial advisors to provide unsolicited recommendations to clients.
- Define long-term strategic Capital Market Expectations for asset class returns and to produce company risk model portfolios.
Function as subject matter expert on company investment projects related to asset allocation recommendations, Monte Carlo simulation, retirement planning tools, and education planning tools.
Leverage exemplary attention to detail in reviewing annual due diligence of Schwab s 529 plan managed by American Century Investments.
- Served on Investment Advisors Committee to administer Schwab Managed Portfolios (SMP) comprised of $7B in assets under management; exhibited proficiency in attribution analysis and mutual risk management.
- Authored multiple white papers and client-facing investment articles related to research findings.
Ameriprise Financial, Phoenix, AZ, 2004 to 2007
- Analyzed proprietary mutual fund demand elasticities in relation to non-proprietary mutual funds to estimate negative effects of loads, expense ratios, and other fees on relative performance, cash flows, and asset share.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy C Page 2 of 2
Professional Experience continued
- Measured client account holding returns relative to comparable proprietary fund of fund accounts to precisely gauge relative risk-adjusted performance differentials.
- Conducted competitor analyses to update pricing strategies and assess relative market position.
- Compiled, summarized and presented research findings to business partners and senior management.
American Express, Phoenix, AZ, 2001 to 2003
- Played vital role in successful negotiation of a $1M settlement with major strategic airline partner by proficiently spearheading complex balance sheet reconciliation project.
- Confidently provided consultative guidance to company attorneys on tax bifurcation dispute related to point transfers within Membership Rewards platform which led to achieving a multi-million dollar refund from the IRS.
- Applied solid leadership talents toward directing team in bringing out-of-policy balance sheet accounts into compliance within corporate standards and GAAP.
- Accurately calculated and entered general ledger entries on balance sheet and formulated management reporting package to quantify and report Membership Rewards program revenues and expenses.
- Served as content expert in internal initiative to upgrade Membership Rewards reporting platform.
Arizona State University, W.P. Carey School of Business Tempe, AZ, 2006
Master of Science in Economics
Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ, 2000
Bachelor of Science in Economics
International Business Studies Certificate, focus in Latin America
Chartered Financial Analyst Level III Candidate
Chartered Financial Analyst San Francisco Society
Series 7 and 66 license
SAS, SPSS, Eviews, Lipper, Morningstar Principia and Direct, Factset, Bloomberg, Thomson Portfolio Analytics, Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Access, Visio)
Hiring Agent Name
Please accept this letter and accompanying resume in application for a senior-level Research Associate opportunity. To acquaint you with my qualifications, I m submitting my resume for your review. In advance, thank you for your time and consideration.
In addition to an excellent academic background, I offer outstanding strengths in data gathering and analysis gained from ten years of experience in the financial services arena, most recently as a Senior Research Analyst at Charles Schwab. I m highly proficient in data modeling and manipulation, risk analysis, portfolio management, and statistical analysis. I also possess first-rate communication and interpersonal skills vital to cultivating highly collaborative business relationships. To complement these qualifications, I offer advanced problem solving, critical thinking and planning skills, and excel in applying my sharp prioritization skills toward efficiently handling multiple projects concurrently.
As a member of your organization, I will consistently play a large role in achieving and surpassing business goals. I am eager to meet with you to discuss how my qualifications support your current and prospective needs, and welcome the opportunity to interview at your earliest convenience. Please call me anytime at the number listed above to schedule a time to meet.
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!