Results-driven Retail Manager eager to contribute expertise in driving Sales/Business Development, Operations, P&L, and Team Building initiatives toward actively collaborating with a dynamic organization in maximizing bottom-line performance.
Eagerly returning to the retail industry where exceptional sales and management expertise will provide an immediate and positive impact to the employer. Offer 10 years of solid experience in sales, customer service, merchandising, inventory management, procurement and staff leadership. Proficiency in recruiting, training, developing and supervising store associates. Actively served in numerous leadership capacities from 1993 to 2008 inclusive of French Teacher, Substitute Teacher, Parent Liaison and Member of Board Of Trustees.
- Currently in 1st place for opening most store credit cards (57) with 2nd place Associate opening 36.
Recognized as #1 in sales per hour and #2 in units per transaction at J. Crew.
Successfully achieved and maintained #1 spot in performance to sales plan during regional management position with Waterford Wedgwood.
Resourcefully developed key item selling program to significantly boost inventory turnover.
Received "Best Director" award during role as Store Manager.
Conceived, planned and executed corporate program which produced 12% of total sales.
Won "Outstanding Assistant Buyer" award during tenure with Famous Barr.
Championed efforts to bolster sales by 28% for Famous Barr.
J. Crew, St. Louis, MO, 2008 to Present
Establish immediate rapport with customers, assess needs, assist customers in selecting merchandise, facilitate sales transactions, and arrange visually-appealing displays throughout sales floor.
Apply strong leadership attributes toward training, coaching, mentoring and motivating new sales staff.
Waterford Wedgwood, St. Louis. MO, 1989 to 1992
Regional Retail Manager
- Planned and achieved sales, budget, and profit goals for six specialty retail stores in Southeast.
- Conducted frequent inventory and sales analysis to ensure budget compliance and cost control.
- Developed, motivated, directed and supervised team of 40 personnel committed to service excellence.
- Steered efforts to open new store, quickly ranking #1 in sales performance to plan.
- Recruited, trained, mentored and managed high-performing team of 18 sales associates.
Prior background includes role as Assistant Buyer with Famous Barr, May Company, St. Louis, MO.
BSBA Degree, Marketing & Management, Washington University, St. Louis, MO
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!