~ Accomplished Medical Science Liaison eager to contribute extensive talents toward
meeting business goals of a progressive pharmaceutical company. ~
- Well-versed in FDA, OIG, PhRMA, ACCME, and ACPE standards and regulations.
- Significant experience and proficiency in developing and facilitating training programs and initiatives.
- Considerable strengths in project management, team-building, and developing peer-level relationships with Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs).
- Exemplary presentation and communication skills with fluency in Mandarin Chinese.
- Possess advanced knowledge of the clinical trial process, superior business acumen, and a proven ability to disseminate and present complex scientific concepts in broad therapeutic settings.
AMAG Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Lexington, MA, 2008 to Present
Medical Science Liaison II
- Foster and maintain solid network of KOLs in therapeutic areas spanning hematology/oncology, radiology and nephrology as well as several managed care organizations.
- Successfully engaged particular KOL through internal company processes to deliver an abstract that was pivotal to achieving company goals.
- Provide clinical support to company-sponsored trials by assisting contract research organizations during site qualification and site initiation visits.
- Spearhead field-based health economics outcomes research (HEOR) as active participant in design and implementation of clinical and reimbursement publication programs.
Train, guide and develop speakers (oncologists, nephrologists, clinical pharmacists, and nurses) for AMAG s promotional speaker bureau.
- Provide in-depth clinical support to drive formulary approval at regional hospitals.
Serve as clinical moderator at national and regional conferences and advisory boards.
Amylin Pharmaceuticals, Inc., San Diego, CA, 2007 to 2008
Senior Manager, Medical Information
- Applied sharp leadership talents toward mentoring and directing team of medical information specialists.
- Assembled and led clinical training program for field sales, field medical team and in-house personnel.
- Project-managed commercial payor-related initiatives and programs for Medical Information/Medical Affairs division.
- Standardized process and documentation for responding to requests for scientific or technical information about Amylin's products.
Takeda Pharmaceuticals North America, Inc., Deerfield, IL, 2007
Senior Medical Information Specialist
- As scientific expert for company's diabetes, GI and CNS products, provided in-depth responses to medical inquiries from healthcare professionals.
- Championed several projects including AMCP Formulary Dossier development, OHSU/DERP, and USP responses for Takeda diabetes, GI, and CNS franchises.
- Coordinated and provided medical information and product training for U.S. Sales and Marketing group.
- Collaboratively delivered clinical presentations to managed care organizations, CMS boards and PBMs.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy C Page 2 of 2
Professional Experience continued
TAP Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Lake Forest, IL, 2005 to 2007
Medical Education Research Liaison (2006 to 2007)
- Proactively identified KOLs in rheumatology, nephrology and gastroenterology areas and cultivated professional relationships within the health care community to optimize networking opportunities.
- Liaised with investigators interested in developing and performing investigator-driven research proposals.
Orchestrated speaker development and training, continuing medical education efforts, and clinical support to physicians and allied healthcare professionals.
Knowledge Resource Center / Medical Information Manager (2005 to 2006)
- Authored and managed standard response letters for TAP men s health/oncology, women s health, and rheumatology franchise and diligently reviewed marketing/promotional tools for clinical accuracy.
- Provided scientific, technical, and clinical education associated with TAP products to health care providers, patients and caregivers.
- Hired, trained, and developed and directed medical communications team including contract writers.
- Piloted development of TAP s first Standard Operating Procedure and Resource Manual tools for formulary dossier dissemination.
- Served as Preceptor for Doctor of Pharmacy students.
Walgreen s Health Initiatives Pharmacy Benefit Managers, Deerfield, IL, 2004 to 2005
Medication Use Evaluation / Formulary Services
- Navigated formulary maintenance for Medicare and other private entity organizations.
- Compiled formulary communication tools such as clinical rationales and clinical merit assessments.
- Steered comprehensive therapeutic class reviews and drug monographs for pharmaceutical companies, Walgreen s clients, and P&T Committees.
- Oversaw clinical content editing and promotional reviews for Walgreen s Company.
- Produced continuing education curriculum for Walgreen s pharmacists and pharmacy technicians.
- Served as Preceptor for Doctor of Pharmacy students and Managed Care Residents.
TAP Pharmaceuticals Inc., Lake Forest, IL, 2003 to 2004
Medical Services Specialist
- Exercised strong organizational skills to efficiently provide medical information to healthcare professionals, consumers, and internal customers regarding TAP gastrointestinal, oncology, and women s health franchises.
- Scrutinized safety data encompassing trending patterns and signal detection for both pre-marketed and post-marketed pharmaceuticals.
- Played an integral role in preparing documentation to meet US and international regulatory requirements for product safety.
Prior background includes: Healthcare Professional C Medical Information, Eli Lilly and Company, Indianapolis, IN, 2002 to 2003.
M.S. in Pharmacy C Applied Pharmacoeconomics Candidate, University of Florida, College of Pharmacy
- Anticipated completion 12/2011
Doctor of Pharmacy, University of Illinois, College of Pharmacy, 2002
- Member of Honors College and Phi Eta Sigma National Honor Society
- Dean s List
Hiring Agent Name
Please accept this letter and accompanying resume in application for the Medical Science Liaison opportunity that is available with (INSERT NAME OF COMPANY). In advance, thank you for your time and consideration.
I bring to you strong experience as a Medical Science Liaison and Senior Medical Information Specialist, exemplary abilities in identifying and developing influential relationships with Key Opinion Leaders, and an excellent blend of expertise in creating training programs, developing communications materials, and presenting scientific information to health care professionals. To complement these qualifications, I offer first-rate interpersonal, clinical, analytical and organizational skills.
As a proactive contributor to your organization, you will find me to be a highly motivated professional and stellar leader committed to supporting you in achieving your objectives through superior self-initiative and unparalleled prioritization skills. I am confident that I am an ideal candidate for this role, and hope to hear from you soon.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
I would like to thank you for providing me the opportunity to interview with you and discuss the exciting (TITLE OF POSITION APPLYING FOR) position currently available with your company. Having gained a deeper insight into the job requirements and your objectives, I am confident that you will find me to be a valuable asset in achieving your goals.
As discussed, I am an enthusiastic, disciplined team player eager to launch a successful career as a dedicated member of your staff. I believe you will find my dynamic (LIST A FEW SKILLS OR QUALIFICATIONS RELEVANT TO THE POSITION) skills vital to your operations and look forward to contributing to your success.
Should you have any additional questions, or to discuss future employment opportunities, please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience. Again, thank you for the enlightening interview. I look forward to your response.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!