ambitious estimating and construction project management professional with a 10+ year proven track record of success and progressive business acumen including, assessment of financial resources, estimating, deductive reasoning, conflict resolution, negotiation, problem sensitivity, organization, and sound decision making. possess exceptional organizational and interpersonal attributes and a solid determination to succeed. exhibit dynamic follow-through, astute professionalism, and a stellar work ethic. strong passion for providing infectious enthusiasm, provoking others to reach for the next level of success. consistently create lasting relationships with people from diverse cultures and professional backgrounds. interact with a network of cross-functional professionals to achieve maximum motivation, collaboration, and efficacy.
project development / change management / project leadership / carpentry / estimating
project management skills / building core / shell construction union and non-union
building alteration / renovations / constructability reviews / osha site safety 30-hour
autocad r14/2000, autocad 2002lt, autocad 2004, 2006 & 2007, autocad civil, autocad 3d design, volvo view by auto desk, experian, excel, wordperfect, powerpoint, microsoft project, microsoft access, outlook express, and microsoft internet explorer
estimator/purchasing, 2009 c present
onekey, llc, hackensack, nj
- supported and collaborated with project managers in completing successful projects and headed up a variety of determining factors including assessing subcontractors qualifications, generating bid lists, and approving necessary purchases.
- provided oversight on a variety of project concerns including the bidding process, bid analysis, contract negotiation, project award management, and rfis and rfps are handled.
- monitor and headed up maintenance of the contents of a subcontractor database and working bid list for present projects.
estimator/project manager, 2006 c 2009
mcgovern & co. llc, new york, ny
- ensured the completion of subcontractor agreements and change orders and remained aware of the timeliness of scheduling and project progression utilizing microsoft project software.
- held accountable for providing preliminary and final estimates and budgets for commercial tenant fit out and high-end retail construction projects.
- planned, directed, coordinated, or budgeted, usually through subordinate supervisory personnel, activities concerned with the construction of commercial facilities.
- participated in the conceptual development of a construction project and oversee its organization, scheduling, and implementation.
- prepare cost estimates for product manufacturing, construction projects, or services to aid management in bidding on or determining price of product or service.
page 1 of 2
senior design engineer/junior estimator, 2004 c 2006
meridian engineering group, inc., new york, ny
- generated working and usable documents by converting project designs utilizing cad (computer-aided design).
- developed and implemented cost estimates and calculated bids for commercial real estate projects.
- evaluated project methods and determined cost-effectiveness of plans, using computers.
- inspect and review projects to monitor compliance with schedule of values, budgets, rfis, rfps, ewos and billing invoices.
- prepared, logged, and submitted bids, estimates and progress and cost tracking reports.
- schedule the project in logical steps and budget time required to meet deadlines.
- studied job specifications to determine appropriateness of engineering drawings and designs to ensure adherence to standards.
senior cad technician/design engineer/plan clerk, 2001 c 2004
cme associates, parlin, nj
- generated computer automated drafting assigned by project engineers.
- handled the scheduling of projects and ensures adherence to time, budget, and scope constraints.
- supported the efforts of estimating department and addressed the acceptance of bidding projects.
- defined project plans, produced technical reports, calculations, and applications.
- completed preconstruction estimates and followed up and tracking human resources during project progression.
project engineer/cad operator, 1999 c 2001
rcn corporation, new york, ny
- ensured that buildings received appropriate fiber optic cable plans and defined specifications of telephone riser diagrams and video distribution diagrams.
- reviewed contract distributions and built relationships with building management.
***additional experience as a drafter/designer for binsky & snyder***
middlesex county college 1999 ~ mechanical engineering
pennco technical college 1996 ~ electro-mechanical engineering
- osha 30 hour certification, mcgovern; updated 2008
- skills path training, rcn - as seminar that focused on teamwork and how to implement it into the work place.
- credible leadership training, rcn - an educational workshop concentrating on leadership positions, how to delegate authority, and how to deal with employees from an authoritative position. focused on the responsibilities of a project manager.
- hvac course, traine corporation. - a training conference instructing employees on the installation, service, and repair of air handling units.
- cable camp, rcn - a seminar concentrating on the future of fiber optics, cable television, and telephones.
- drafting courses: engineering drawing, elements of design, mechanical engineering, and architectural design, 3d modeling.
<<first name>> <<last name>>
<<street address, suite #>>
<<city, state zip code>>
dear <<courtesy>> <<last name>>,
it is with great confidence that i offer my years of experience as a project manager and estimator during the construction of various facilities to your organization. as i pursue the <<position title>> within <<company name>>, i recognize that my credentials and experience would greatly assist in reaching future goals and objectives.
experience as estimator, project manager, senior design engineer, senior cad technician, and project engineer is the basis for my confidence that i would be a valuable asset to your organization. my career history consists of vast experience in operations oversight. i consistently communicate the project vision to the internal members of the organization so that everyone understands their role in achieving these goals, ensuring that the action steps are taken to ensure that goals are met and developing action plans to achieve those goals. thereafter, i prepare recommendations for improvements, controls, new methods, and other changes to improve the efficiency of operations.
during my career, i ve gained notable experience leading and training other employees in the appropriate procedures related to the construction of various facilities. my professional background also includes a proven expertise in project management, operation management, expediting projects, interpreting complex rules and regulations, and effectively communicating with other members of upper management and personnel, verbally and in writing.
my duties as an estimator/project manager mainly consist of coordinating operations of a complex, interrelated, and interdependent nature, where unknowns and numerous contingency factors were involved. with this experience, i formulate policies and procedures relevant to daily operational and special programs based on information of a conceptual nature from varied and complex sources. with vast knowledge of the principles and techniques of construction management including organization, planning, staffing, training, budgeting, and reporting, and a strong background in fiscal planning, budgeting, and management that i bring to your organization.
my aptitude for evaluating complex problems and reviewing related information to develop viable solutions would be of great use to your organization. i welcome more discussion about how my skills can help in meeting the goals and objective of your organization. until then, should you have any additional questions feel free to contact me at your convenience.
yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!