human resources management
ambitious professional with a 15+ year proven track record of success in human resources management, program management, process improvement, and staff training capabilities. proven expertise in the assessment of human resources, improving retention rates, increasing revenue, facilitating growth and reducing expenditures. deductive reasoning, conflict resolution, negotiation, problem sensitivity, client evaluation, and sound decision making necessary to perform hr duties. possess exceptional organizational and interpersonal attributes and a fiery determination to succeed. exhibit dynamic follow-through, astute professionalism, and a stellar work ethic. passion for providing infectious enthusiasm, provoking others to reach for the next level of success. interact with a network of cross-functional professionals to achieve maximum motivation, collaboration, and efficacy.
technical competencies microsoft outlook, microsoft word, excel, powerpoint, access, visio; hris (human resources information systems) to include sap, emts and webpan. lotus notes, corel draw, adobe acrobat 8.0; us army programs to include: deers system, edas system, topmis system, and stafins.
human resources generalist, 02/2008 c present
kbr cob adder, iraq
allocate human resources, ensuring appropriate matches between personnel throughout kbr corporate, kbr iraq theater, and us military.
modify hr policies to establish competitive programs and compliance with legal requirements.
analyze statistical data and reports to identify and determine causes of personnel problems and develop recommendations for improvement of organization's personnel policies and practices.
conduct exit interviews to identify reasons for employee termination; maintain records and compile statistical reports on new hires, transfers, performance appraisals, and absenteeism rates.
perform difficult staffing duties, including dealing with understaffing, refereeing disputes, firing employees, and administering disciplinary procedures.
conduct new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward organizational objectives.
provide current and prospective employees with information about policies, job duties, working conditions, wages, and opportunities for promotion and employee benefits.
serve as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering contracts and helping resolve work-related problems.
- selectively assess necessary documentation for personnel action notices, counseling statements, exit interviews, and out-processing documentation during the approval/disapproval of requisitions.
- skillfully interact with the strength management team (smt) and department managers to identify and facilitate staffing needs and address concerns.
- successfully assisted in increasing staffing levels 25% over bases of estimate.
- work with hr database, smt, sap, and management to create attrition requisitions submission process delineating anticipated staffing needs.
- engaged in the new hire in-processing by coordinating with shared services to obtain billeting, personal protective equipment and timesheet training.
- incorporated sap and employee management tracking system (emts) to organize processing times for new employees.
human resources technician, 01/2006 c 02/2008
nsps (military) for 25th infantry division, us army garrison, dod/dhr, schofield barracks, hi
executed human resources functions on behalf of enlisted soldiers, officers, and civilians.
performed database management duties securing information for 9000+ plus military personnel in support of gulf war on terror (gwot).
possessed knowledge of and assisted staff in filling out forms for army regulations, electronic fund transfer, emergency/medical leave, travel orders, coalition access card (cac), and department of defense (dod) identification card processing.
oriented new hires and relocated staff; handled payroll issues such as timesheet discrepancies, reimbursements, and entitlement.
- successfully rendered expertise to managers on subjects such as levy briefings, deployments, reassignments, overseas travel, ipcot, and cot entitlements.
- skillfully focused on internal staff retention by engaging in multiple tasks such as processing family movements and assisting managers with levy briefings, deployments, reassignments, overseas travel, ipcot, and cot entitlements.
operations manager, 05/2003 c 12/2005
hilo hattie, honolulu, hi
implemented human resources management subject matter expertise on interviewing, hiring, and training associates; budgeted monthly man-hours, scheduled staff, and oversaw warehouse, sales, customer service, dispatch crew, vault staff and night cleaning staff.
addressed all operations management concerns with a focus on strategic, tactical, and short-term operation management such as vendor relations, logistics, and contract negotiations, inventory control, merchandising, and client relations.
- successfully handled payroll and benefits compensation processing for 300+ employees.
- quickly completed employee counseling and quarterly evaluations and yearly action plans.
- designed sales management functions including market analysis, forecasting, and boosting sales staff morale.
assistant manager, 08/2002 c 04/2003 & 02/2006 c 06/2006
skechers, honolulu, hi
oversaw the operations and productivity within retail environment including 15 sales representative tasked with the selling of men s, women s and children s shoes.
- consistently maintained understanding of the happenings behind the company's core operations such as budgeting and expenditures and continually actively sought after operations improvement.
- ensured that business operations are efficient and effective and oversee the management of inventory, merchandising, the distribution of goods and services to customers, and the analysis of queue systems.
***additional experience as actions personnel specialist (mos 75e/42a) for the us army, fort hood texas***
bachelor of science in business management, 05/2004 c university of phoenix
associates of science in general studies, 05/1999 c central texas, killeen, tx
us army certification / human resources specialist, 06/1992 c fort jackson, sc
operation security training (opsec) ~ legendary skills for customer service training 1 and 2 ~ records system file training ~ lead course certification by civilian h.r. agency lead course ~ sexual harassment training ~ ethics training ~ lean six sigma training (green-belt) ~ national security personnel system (nsps) ~ safety leaders management course ~ composite risk management course ~ system security awareness ~ certification ssac level 1 ~ code of business conduct (tier one and two) ~ kbr drivers training (us army, kbr and civilian drivers license) ~ frontline supervisor s training/maps chorda ~escort training badge (us army)
april 13, 2011
<<first name>> <<last name>>
<<street address, suite #>>
<<city, state zip code>>
re: advertisement <<on website / in newspaper name>>; reference id: <<####>>
dear <<courtesy>> <<last name>>,
i would like to once again thank you for the time you shared with me during our interview and i am now even more convinced that i offer the necessary qualifications you desire to meet and exceed the goals and objectives of the <<position>>. my human resources administration, operations management, staff supervision, teambuilding, and leadership attributes mesh well with my educational background in business administration and human resources.
i am attaching another copy of my resume for your review and i await your call in response to this position. you may call me at your convenience to set up an interview. once again, i thank you in advance.
yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!